The task of engineering is to make it work once, while the task of quality assurance, control and testing is to make it work all the time. An enterprise must get its product to market quickly and stay ahead of the competition. For this reason, enterprises require Quality Assurance and Control to test their products or services. This ensures that the people, processes and research behind the development/implementation of a product or service meets or exceed customer expectations.
Quality Assurance & Control
Quality Assurance and Control demands extensive planning of objectives and processes. Once there is standard is formally documented, it is easier to point out any deviation in processes. This helps identify errors and anomalies so that enterprises are able to apply corrective action and preventive action. The most efficient way to provide this documentation is by using a quality assurance testing software with an online repository for storing and managing all documentation pertaining to policies and standard operating procedures.
Quality assurance includes two principles: “Fit for purpose” (the product should be suitable for the intended purpose); and “right first time” (mistakes should be eliminated).
What we do?
- Center of Excellence (COE) as a separate function which institutionalizes the use of right tools & processes to gather domain knowledge.
- Define Vertical Matrix for impact analysis.
- Requirement Analysis, Grooming Epics, Defining Key Points, One line story to eloborated tasks.
- Test Case Analysis & Designing, Test Implementation.
- Result Analysis & Accountability.
- Automation, Functional, Localization, Performance, Regression, Application Security, Mobile application and Usability Testing.