Enterprise Applications & Integrations: Enterprise applications are business oriented and deployed to meet specific business requirements that can work on large chunks of data, extensive parallel processing, network distributed resources and complex logic. Integration is focused on optimizing operations in a real world which could be considered full of continuous and largely unpredictable change. It enables the actors to make “quick and accurate decisions and adaptation of operations to respond to emerging threats and opportunities”
A concept in enterprise engineering to provide the right information at the right place and at the right time and thereby enable communication between people, machines and computers and their efficient co-operation and co-ordination.
Enterprises are entering the age of the connected customer. Today, an enterprise’s connections with their customers and employees offer enormous value from streams of real-time data — the data that can be unlocked with apps. But for Enterprise IT, those charged with building these apps, this means they need to adopt a new approach to enterprise application development.
New and Emerging trends in Enterprise Application & Integration is impacting application development in a big way. Some of the key trends are:
- Small, emerging businesses are increasingly expected to trade with their customers electronically – exchanging key business documents such as orders and invoices via EDI
- Cloud computing has increased accessibility and ease of operation for users of Enterprise application development.
- Loose Coupling (Microservices, Composable architecture)
- Integrated Enterprise Information & Identity Management
- Support for disruptive innovations
- Ecosystem that accelerates innovation
- Low code development is the new trend in Enterprise. Minimal Coding is making Enterprise Application Development more business centric and easy.
What we do?
- Identify and provide the right information at the right place in right time
- Coordinate business processes with API-led integration
- Deep EDI Integration with your ERP
- Organize and adapt the enterprise
- Automate User Provisioning, Deprovisioning, enable Advanced Directory Integration, Single Sign On using standard protocols, and multi-factor authentication
- Provide capabilities to consolidate master data from heterogeneous sources into a centralised repository and manage it.
- Establish a technology-independent vocabulary and a visual notation to design and document integration solutions, ranging from connecting applications to a messaging system, routing messages to the proper destination, and monitoring the health of a messaging system using Enterprise Integration Patterns (EIPs)
Application modernization aims to retain and extend the value of the legacy investment through migration to new platforms. Legacy systems are often critical in the operations of most enterprises, deploying the modernized system all at once introduces an unacceptable level of operational risk. A migration strategy must ensure that the system remains fully functional during the modernization effort.
We mainly see lack of documentation, lack of SMEs/ knowledge on the legacy systems and dearth of technology skills in which the legacy systems have been implemented as primary issues with a legacy system.
What we do?
- Initiate Architecture Driven Modernization (ADM) to standardize views of the existing systems
- Prepare methods for iteratively evaluating legacy systems, from technical, business, and organizational perspectives (Application Portfolio Management)
- Follow Migration, Re-engineering, or Package Implementation options based on analysis
- Define potential problems in reengineering and its mitigation strategy (Both Technology and Business Objectives)
- Follow component-based software development to enhance productivity and accelerate time to market
- Design and implement Microservice architecture style applications
- Automate business operations using Robotic Process Automation
Enterprise Information Management
The explosion of information sources and integration challenges, together with greater regulation and compliance requirements have created new challenges for today’s enterprise Information solutions.
Finding solutions for optimal use of information within organizations, for instance to support decision-making processes or day-to-day operations requires the availability of knowledge by managing information at enterprise level.
It is now a need to maximize the potential of the digital information framework with the Extended Enterprise Content Management application. Manage documents and records, information retrieval, and collaboration. Connect e-mails, presentation slides, documents, and other unstructured content to core business processes. Consolidate and centrally govern the master data lifecycle to increase the quality and consistency of information across your organization is vital.
What we do?
- Guide, Design, and Implement document management, Web content management, search, collaboration, records management, digital asset management (DAM), workflow management, and data indexing.
- Enterprise content management as a uniform repository for all types of information
- Use various recognition technologies to extract information from scanned documents and digital faxes including OCR, and ICR
- We use template-driven web design techniques and probe into your organizational requirements
- Provide capabilities to consolidate master data from heterogeneous sources into a centralized repository and manage it.
- Establishing policies and processes that ensure information can be integrated, accessed, shared, linked, analyzed and maintained to best effect across the organization.
Some of the areas of IT security to consider are:
- Network Security – Servers, Databases, APIs Security, Application Security. Needs Security Engineering, Vulenrability Testing, Penetration Testing, Network Intrusion Detection Systems (NIDS) and Firewalls.
- Internet Security – TLS/SSL
- Cloud Security – Web sockets, Auth protocols